22 May [INT 16] Flinch Talks New EP & What’s Next For 2016
Posted at 13:45h
Making his official Buygore debut – bass veteran Flinch is back and with a twist. Showing his softer side in his upcoming Restless EP, dropping this Friday – he sat down with us to talk about the EP, major collaborations, and what’s to come in 2016.
1) “Whatcha Know About” featuring Yulianna is the first song you dropped off your upcoming Restless EP and it is such a good song. What inspired you to produce this song and how did you and Yulianna come together?
Yulianna and I recorded at Redbull Studios in LA, we met thru a mutual producer friend Frank Royal, who is also featured on the track June Buzz. I had just got out of a long term relationship, so this song was inspired by the desire to move forward in life and not look back.
2) What other collaborations from Restless are you excited about?
Im excited about all of them but if I had to choose one, Blackhole with Infuze has been in my sets for the past year and i’m glad we finally had a chance to get together and finish it. I also really like “No Matter What” with KOIL and Merideth Bull, its a fusion of this sugary pop sound with weird techno synths. We made a cool hybrid track with that one.
3) Which track would you say was the most boundary-pushing for you?
I had been working on a lot of pop music so I was forced to think differently, and while that experience made me push personal boundaries, i’d say “Down” with Kat Nestel was the one that really set its self apart from most of my previous work.
4) Your next single off the EP “Pearl Sun” just dropped the other day for free download. What was your inspiration while producing the track?
This track I started in the middle of the night after hearing that David Bowie had passed away. I also lost someone very close to me recently, and thats when I sat down and finished the track. Its about missing someone you really look up too, while trying to remember the best qualities and not being overcome with sadness.
5) Out of all of the electronic genres, which is one of your favorite genres to produce?
That’s impossible for me to answer. When you love to make music, it takes you where ever it takes you.
I love all genres for the most part. I generally like making records that have a melodic structure, while capturing the vibe of the dance floor, but try not to over emphasize heavy drops.
6) Overall, how has 2016 been so far? What are you looking forward to this summer?
2016 has been a eye opening for me, I am making more music now than I have made in a couple years, I am happy with the output and I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone.
Get ready for the rest of Flinch’s Restless EP dropping this Friday, May 27th!